The world just got ten billion times better: you are now in it.
At a certain point while carrying you I stopped being able to remember a time without you. I suppose that is how things are going to be from now on...my life will revolve completely around you. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Even though we technically just met, I feel like I know you already. Every little kick and hiccup throughout the past few months has seemed like a precious look into who you are, and it makes me so excited that I get to watch you grow and learn and become.
These are the promises that I make to you:
1. I promise to love your daddy
2. I promise to always put your needs and his needs ahead of mine
3. I promise that, even when it is hard, I am going to be your parent first...friend second
4. I promise to try and see everything in a positive light, in the hopes that you can learn to, too
5. I promise to, from henceforth, stop living in the future. I do not want to miss one second of this roller coaster ride by wishing that tomorrow would hurry up and get here.
I can tell you already: I was completely unprepared for what this love would feel like. Thank you for teaching me so much.