2.26.2010

The Calm Before the Storm

Today was one of those days that made me stop. Right in the midst of it all: all the packing, all the planning, all the stress... and recognize my blessings. I have such a tendency to get bogged down. It's easy to see the negative and ten times more-difficult-than-it-should-be to see the positive. I'm the kind of person who sometimes needs a chainsaw in order to see the forrest through the trees. But today was different. I don't know if it was Evie's giggle when I tickled her, or the beautiful snow, or my husband letting me sleep in late. More than likely it was a combination of things, but days like these make me question why I ever thought I wasn't ready for this.
This is our last weekend in this house. Our first house. The place where we brought Evie home from the hospital. The place where she lost her umbilical chord on my shirt. Everything is being put into boxes and there is a looming, empty space on the walls... and while I am thankful to be taking this giant step forward in our business/family/lives... those empty spaces are just so sad to look at. So I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it; reminding myself of the end goal: a life surrounded by grandparents and cousins (and fried food and So So Def signs). What wouldn't be worth that?

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Okay, now you gone and made your Mother cry ... is that what you had in mind? Probably not! I'm glad to see that your sentimental side is starting to blossom. Being a parent has a way of helping that part of our "emotional being" mature. Now you know why all those years and all those good-byes had tears associatiated with them! I love you!!!!!

Robin Dini Photography said...

we're all going to miss you!!It's crazy to think that when you prepare for the arrival of your baby that life is going to change so much and I am very much like you...sometimes I focus on the negative. But then we are pleasantly surprised when the positivie changes come in leaps and bounds and we are overwhelmed with the happiness of the family we now have. Congratulations to you both on your decision to move back home. You are going to love being back with your family again, but you will be missed here for sure. Sorry we never got to have our playdate :(