3.11.2009

Spring Break 2K9

I have decided that dolling out random compliments is about the nicest thing a person can do for a pregnant woman. Last night Graham and I ate at The Red Bar (cue salivation). On the way out a woman stopped me by the arm and said "You look great". It made my life.

Let me lay it out for you. I am 7 1/2 months pregnant, 25 pounds heavier than I was this time last year and at the beach where (as if the aforementioned things did not already make me feel large enough to physically eat Panama City) every tanorexic college student within a 9 state radius has decided to spend the week.

They lounge there on their towels, all tan and size-zero, sunbathing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I hate them all. I am no longer dwelling over being able to eat Panama City...I am going to eat them.

I have also begun to waddle. Matters of size aside, though, it has been an amazing trip. I do not want to go back to Connecticut (where, coincidentally, it has been snowing all week).

2 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

So during testing, the librarian (me) pretty much has all day to read entertaining blogs. I'm slightly addicted to them. But I found yours the other day...hooray! You are really funny. I will be a frequent reader. And I personally hope you did eat the size 0 girls...or at least drowned them. Glad you are enjoying your pregnancy and your vacation.

liz said...

So glad you had a great Florida trip! Gabe and I are in Austin right now enjoying 80 degree weather! Can't wait to get together soon, I seriously need to hang out with you! Let's do a night in and cook up a storm!