3.24.2009

Spring Fever

literally...

I woke up yesterday feeling less than ideal, but I went to school and got through classes. By this morning things had gotten progressively worse, so I decided to go to the walk-in-clinic and see if there was anything serious going on. After 45 minutes of waiting, a quick throat swab and 15 more minutes of waiting I got my answer: STREP THROAT.

I blame Connecticut (insert our daily Communication lesson: this is known as an external attribution - when something bad happens to you, you blame it on the environment...). It is almost April here, and yet between the gale force winds and measly 38 degrees it might as well be the DEAD OF WINTER.

Adding to my misery: I am 30 weeks pregnant and therefore cannot have any of the antibiotics or shots typically used to treat strep throat. What CAN I have, you might ask. Tylenol. And throat lozenges that do not contain eucalyptus. Awesome. I should be better in no time. Not.

This has been a particularly negative post, so I will end it with a knock-knock joke...they make everything slightly more cheery:Knock Knock. Who's there? Norma Lee. Norma Lee who? Normalee I don't go around knocking on doors, but would you like to buy an encyclopedia?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

3 comments:

Just the two of us! said...

hahahaa nice joke. it sucks SO bad getting sick while preggers! I got the FLU! UGHHHH! I thought I was going to die! Feel better SOON!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute joke ... glad to know you still have a sense of humor!!! You're the bestest Girl, EVER!!!! Mommy loves and misses you.

amanda h. said...

man, pregnant-sick is the worst kind of sick. i only took tylenol once for a headache and toughed out the rest. in retrospect, i kind of wish i'd hit the tylenol a little harder haha. hope you feel better soon!

and somewhere in my mess of an office i'm sure i saved your address from G's freakin-awesome gifts but i can't find it. :( i'm collecting a few things for you and little evie so if you get a free moment between strep throat and school things could you message it to me?

30 weeks! not too much longer!!